In February 2017, the School was inspected by Ofsted and judged to be 'Good'.
As a school judged to be ‘Good’ following our previous Ofsted inspection in 2013, we received one of the relatively new Section 8 one-day inspections. As a result we don’t receive a full report (as would happen under a two-day Section 5 inspection) but a letter to the Headteacher from the Lead Inspector confirming that Warlingham continues to be a good school and that Safeguarding remains effective. The Inspectors spoke very highly of our Safeguarding procedures and policy and commented that ‘Pupils are safe, they know how to stay safe and know who to turn to if they have any issues.’ The Inspectors were also extremely impressed with the behaviour, the good manners, politeness and engagement shown by our students.
The Ofsted letter to Mr Bradwell highlights the following features of the school:
- The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- Many members of staff expressed their pride in the school and confidence in senior leaders.
- You and other senior leaders are open and honest in your evaluation of the school. You know its strengths and weaknesses well.
- There is an open culture where everyone works together to improve progress for all pupils and students.
- You and other leaders are improving teaching. Teachers have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities and they actively share good practice, which is improving the quality of teaching overall.
Areas for improvement had already been identified in the School's own self-evaluation and built into the School Development Plan:
- Provision for 16 to 19 students offers effective challenge for all abilities.
- Unauthorised absence of disadvantaged pupils reduces, to bring their attendance in line with the rest of the school so that their progress improves.
The Ofsted Parent View online survey was completed by 116 parents and carers, and also provided some very positive feedback such as:
- 98% agreed that their child is well looked after at this school.
- 97% agreed that their child is happy at this school.
- 96% agreed that they would recommend Warlingham School to another parent.
To read the full Ofsted letter to the Headteacher, click here to view/download.
For further details about Ofsted and the Inspection framework, please visit the Ofsted website.