A good, well-managed homework programme helps children to develop the skills and attitudes they will need for successful lifelong learning. Homework also supports the development of independent learning skills, and provides parents with an opportunity to take part in their children’s education.
- To help pupils develop good work habits and independent study skills
- To help pupils to become self-disciplined and self-motivated towards study
- To enable pupils to practise and reinforce skills learned in the classroom
- To consolidate and extend work begun in class
- To enrich study by making greater use of material and sources of information which may not be available in the classroom.
- To involve parents and carers in the management of pupils learning and keeping them informed about the work pupils are doing.
Many items of homework are accessible via FROG, our virtual learning environment. Each student has his/her own log-in.